Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cowgirl Cushion

Hello Blog World,

I have been at another athletics carnival yesterday and today, so no time for crafting unfortunately. 

Yesterday I showed you the fuzzy monster cushion I made for my daughter’s bedroom redo to go with her fuzzy monster chair. Well we also bought some gorgeous material recently that we were going to make a laptop cover out of but since then she has been given a laptop with a you beaut case from school so I get her old one and will make a different cover for myself. But I digress, check out the material we bought.

cowgirl cushion 003

Isn’t it cool! It’s a bit fuzzy but not as fuzzy or fluffy as the fuzzy monster cushion. Again since I wasn’t going to make a laptop cozy from this material we were at a loss on what to do with it. 

Originally we were going to cover the pin board with this but she decided she liked the purple better. So when I was gathering my supplies for the fuzzy monster cushion I found an old cushion form that I had put away for a rainy day and inspiration hit and Tiana agreed! I told you her choices were a bit out there!

Therefore the cowgirl Cushion was born!

cowgirl cushion 001

This was run up in about 15 minutes not like fuzzy monster.  There were no mistakes as it’s all one piece, overlocked at the short ends, button holed then run up the sides to form the cushion cover.

Button closures are so easy (I am not confident with zippers yet), but I also think they look cool.

cowgirl cushion 002

This one only has 2 buttons being a much smaller cushion.

cowgirl cushion 004

So with athletics carnivals, hand sewing, work, exercise classes I probably wont have any new crafts to show you this week, so I will pop by with some before blogging crafts to tantalise your tastebuds so to speak.

I also have my first year bloggingversary coming up. I can’t believe that, it feels like yesterday I ventured into this wonderful world that lives inside my computer. I am trying to think of something special to do but am at a loss, if anyone has any ideas let me know!

Until then Happy Crafting.

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09






1 comments:





Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

so cute

Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday Link Party!
Hope you can join me again tomorrow

Natasha xx

www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Post a Comment