Saturday, January 14, 2012

Retro Ruffle Apron

Hello Blog World,

I am a messy crafter by nature, also a messy cook, messy cleaner etc… and the one thing I don’t have is an apron. How absurd!!!

Well I thought I would rectify that especially when I saw this

Source: joann.com via Michelle on Pinterest

So off I went to spotlight to find some material that would scream out at me, I originally had a shabby chic theme in mind, but I just couldn’t find anything that screamed buy me!!!

Then I saw these beauties in the quilting section

apron 003
apron 004
apron 006 apron 007

Now this surprised me that I liked these as this is normally not my thing, but when I put the 4 bolts together I just knew I had to have them.
Now my apron isn’t exactly like the one above. It is loosely based on it. But basically I have just drawn an apron shape, then added ruffles and ruffles and even more ruffles.

apron 001

I was originally going to put a pocket on the front bib, but when I saw this retro birdie motif and in matching colours I knew it was PER-FECT!!

apron 005

So wah lah my new apron completed! Now I wear it all the time when I craft, wash dishes and cook!! I will be making another one though, in shabby colours just need to find the perfect material first.

The weekend has finally arrived and I need to do some housework!!! Might even tackle the pantry?  But I do need to make a baby card first. I hope everyone has a great weekend and get’s lots of crafting done!

Until then happy crafting.

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09





7 comments:





Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I love your apron!! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

This is beautiful! Great eye to put the fabrics together. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House link party.

Hani said...

this is so cute.. I love the ruffles!
Thanks for sharing @craftionary
love
Hani

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

I love your apron Michelle! The fabrics are so cute.. and the ruffles! Oh the ruffles are adorable! Want to make me one? ;) hehe

Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday.. hope to see you there again!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, your apron is beautiful Michelle!
I'm lovin' all those wonderful ruffles!

Casa De Luna said...

I like your apron and the little birdie is too cute! You did a great job. I never wear my apron because I feel like it is too pretty to get dirty.

Blissful & Domestic said...

I just wanted to let you know I featured your cute apron on Blissful and Domestic tonight. Stop by and grab a button:>

http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/02/25-wearable-refashions.html

Post a Comment