Sunday, January 8, 2012

Resolute This!

Hello Blog World,

While I have never really done resolutions, this year I am jumping on the bandwagon and while I am not setting resolutions as such I am setting goals I want to achieve this year.

I feel writing them down for the whole world to see makes this more serious and makes me accountable at the end of the year.

So here are my 5 goals for 2012 in no particular order – 1 week late

1. CRAFT MORE

heart strings teacup pin cushion 006
Photo0120 DSCF1042

While that’s easy to achieve with just that phrase I have certain projects I want to complete.
  • Finish my quilt
  • Gallery Wall for Kitchen
  • Bathroom Organisers
  • Finish my Cross-Stitch
  • Make a handbag
  • Finish my Elephant Drawing and complete 2 other drawings
  • Continue to learn crochet and complete and hat for Tiana
  • Make a skirt
  • Make my clown doll
  • Make at least 2 things for my niece’s school raffle
  • Make Cards for every birthday and anniversary this year (no buying last minute cards)
  • Redo my Kitchen table table and find chairs to suit it
  • Redo my book shelf
  • Make a meal organiser

2. ORGANISE & DECLUTTER



Source: craftynest.com via Dawn on Pinterest
Again an easy goal to complete when you just say ORGANISE! But I do











have specific goals in mind.  My home is like a clutter jungle  most days


so these are things  that I want to achieve by the end of the year.
  • My Bathroom (at the moment there is make-up, hair stuffs and other miscellaneous stuffs everywhere)
  • Kitchen Pantry (this is just bad bad bad)
  • My Craft Room (again stuff everywhere)
  • My Bedroom ( we have a fairly small bedroom so something needs to be done now!!)
  • Utilising a daily planner as to not forget about things
  • Meal Organising
If anyone has any great tips on organising let me know, I need all the help I can get!


3. A HEALTHIER LIFE


Source: tumblr.com via Adrienne on Pinterest

I am not going to say lose weight!  That is not my goal, that is just an added bonus if it happens.  My goal is to live a healthier life in general this includes
  • Exercising at least 2-3 times a week
  • Minimal junk food ( I am only human and know I have weaknesses, but limit my self to only one or two times a week)
  • Drinking at least 2 litres of water a day
  • Cooking with fresh ingredients
  • Planning meals ahead of time
It sounds pretty simple, but I need to remind myself of these things.

4. GROW MY BLOG AND MAKE SOME FRIENDS

button

I started this space nearly a year ago, but was very sporadic in my posting and connecting.  I have found since coming out of the winter blues in October I am really enjoying this.  But I am here to make connection so to speak.  I am passionate about crafting yet know no-one else that is! My friends get bored with me rambling on about fabric and paints and learning how to ruffle and the softest yarn etc… So I am here this year to share my passion with the blog universe and hopefully meet some friends along the way.

5. SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY

Source: framedart.com via Lisa on Pinterest

Do you ever feel you are just going through the motions??  Some days weeks months I feel like that, everyone is busy with life, work, school, crafting, facebook, forums, tinkering with computers etc that we forget about each other.

This year I want to spend more meaningful time with my family, not just go through the motions of life.  I want to go on picnics, play games, continue my weekend date with my daughter before she grows up and out of it, go away on a romantic weekend with my husband, and have meals together! (hence the kitchen table redo)

This is my most important goal and if nothing else is achieved but this I will be a more happy person than now.

So that is it!! My goals!!  Do you have any goals for 2012? What do you do to help you stay on track and not get caught up in life?  I would be very interested to know.

Until next time Happy Crafting

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09






5 comments:





Unknown said...

Looks like you are going to have a busy year lol, Last year I followed the "fly lady" until I got caught up with my organisation in my house, now that I am caught up i follow it loosely, a lot of it is fluffy, but the main principles are good, and it is all about doing everything in small chunks, and not burning yourself out so that you don't want to continue with it. Look forward to seeing more of your creations on your blog this year, have fun!

Susanne said...

In a perfect world I would be able to acheve some of those goals to. I wish I had your determination! :-)
Wish you all the best for the year ahead!

Six Sisters said...

Some very cute and creative ideas! Thank you for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday. We would love to have you come back next Saturday and share more of your incredible ideas. -The Sisters

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday link party
Hope to see you there again this week
http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

Natasha

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! You have some awesome goals for 2012, many of them which I can relate too! I would love to follow your progress throughout the year and for both of us to be an inspiration to each other on our journey towards living a healthier life this year. I am currently hosting a 12 month Healthier Crib and Family challenge and a monthly giveaway for all link up participants. You can link up as much as you want per month. Let's keep each other motivated! We can so do this:)

http://www.thescottscrib.com/2012/01/healthier-crib-and-family-challenge.html

Post a Comment