Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ham & Feta Pizza

Hello Blog World,

It’s nice to have my computer up and running again and I have just finished 30 minutes of high cardio aerobics so I am feeling great!

Today I am going to share with you another healthy recipe we often eat, it’s good for lunch or pair it with a salad and you have a nice dinner also and it fits right in with my healthier lifestyle challenge.

So today I present  HAM & FETA PIZZA

ham and feta pizza 004
sorry yucky photo

Gotta get those lovely ingredients together

ham and feta pizza 001

Chop and mix them all in a bowl and refridgerate for 30 mins

ham and feta pizza 003

Then bake – very simple and you end up with yummy pizzas that are healthy and my whole family loves them.  We have been having these for a good 7 years or more now so I can’t remember where I even got the recipe. It’s hand written in an old recipe book in my hand writing so goodness knows where I found it.


Full Recipe for Ham & Feta Pizzas
You will need the following
  • 4-6 Roma Tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 100g crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
  • 1 Red salad onion, finely chopped
  • 100g shaved lean ham
  • 2 tblsp Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 tsp dried oregao
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 4 wholemeal pita breads (about 4” diameter)

Combine onions, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, oregano, pepper and half the cheese in a mixing bowl, stir well, cover and let sit in refridgerator for at least 30 minutes.

Pre-heat oven to 200d Celcius, spread tomato mixture evenly on pita bread on lined baking tray.  Sprinkle with ham and remaining cheese.

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until hot.

See  how simple are these?  Often I will make the mixture the night before and let it sit in the fridge all day, the flavours just seep through and it’s divine!

1 pita is 1 serving and here is the nutritional information if you are interested.
Calories
245.1
Total Fat
7.7 g
Saturated Fat
3.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat
0.7 g
Monounsaturated Fat
1.6 g
Cholesterol
44.0 mg
Sodium
1,313.8 mg
Potassium
466.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate
23.2 g
Dietary Fiber
3.6 g
Protein
22.1 g
This is according to Spark Recipes where I enter all my recipes for nutritional breakdowns.

Now I am still hand appliqueing so no new crafts, but I should have my first panel finished today so I will give everyone a sneak peek and I might come back with some before my blogging days crafts as it’s always fun to look back and see how far I’ve come.

I also have my first year bloggingversary coming up next month, not sure what to do.  Any ideas people?? 

Everyone enjoy their day and if you make my pizzas let me know what you think.

Until then happy crafting.

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09





1 comments:





Unknown said...

That looks so good! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us all:)

Post a Comment